PAGES

Cyber Monday at Kohl's on a Sunday // Fisher Price Power Wheels Mustang for a great deal

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Earlier last month we decided that Braxton's Christmas gift this year was going to be some sort of car. We usually don't buy him big, expensive gifts but with his birthday four days after Christmas we sort of justified doing it. He'll still get some other gifts to open for both days, which means clothes haha. A friend of mine's daughter got a Hello Kitty car for her birthday last year and every time we go over to their house, Braxton's insistent on playing in the car, so I'm excited to see his face when he sees this under the tree! I'm already thinking of the perfect bow to go on top of it...

I'm pretty set on getting Fisher Price brand because it's more well known, and there are plenty of reviews, compared to other brands. I have been keeping my eye out for a great deal on Power Wheels but I've been missing out. I wasn't about to stand in line at Walmart or Target on Thanksgiving for their sales. Just yesterday, I saw that Amazon had the Mustang, in yellow, for $200 with free shipping, but it sold out so quickly I couldn't get it. I didn't love the color but for $200, who cares?Ugh, I was bummed for sure when I went to buy it and it was gone!

Anyways, as I was just about to give up, and wait for a hopefully good Cyber Monday sale, I got an email from Kohl's that perked up my ears...20% off using code "CYBERTAKE20" and they also are still offering $15 Kohl's cash for every $50 spent. (KOHL'S CASH ENDS TODAY, NOVEMBER 30th) I did a quick search of Power Wheels on their site and saw the blue Mustang for $311.99 and did the math. 20% takes off a full $62.40 off of the price so the total is $249.59 which is awesome! The only downfall was the $40 surcharge for shipping because after that and taxes, my total went back up to $306. Walmart has the same Mustang for $270 after tax so I was torn. Was buying from Kohl's worth it?

I say yes and here's why...

  • Ebates.com has 6% cash back from Kohl's - which would be $15 cash back.
  • Ibotta gives you $10 back if you spend $100 at Kohls.com using their link. 
  • With the $15 Kohl's cash for every $50 spent that meant I would get $75 to spend.
  • Kohl's also has their YES2YOU rewards - which gives you 1 point for every dollar you spend and you get $5 on every 100 points. That is 250 points, which is $10 right there. 

That meant I was technically getting $110 off of my price, in the long run, which I think beats the $270 price at Walmart. This deal is great if you actually shop at Kohl's, which I do. I love Kohl's because they have coupons very frequently, and their Kohl's cash is like actual cash there. There is no spending minimum which is perfect because I will be able to redeem the $75 starting tomorrow and that will buy more Christmas gifts. 

Their Cyber Monday 20% off code is good until December 3rd but the earning period for the $15 Kohl's cash ends today so that's why it's better to buy from them today, compared to tomorrow. They have quite a few different Power Wheels, including Jeeps and 4wheelers, so check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design