PAGES

#avaandtheflamingo

Sunday, June 7, 2015
Flamingo Cake

So my baby girl turned 2 on Friday and we had her party on Saturday. We had the cutest little flamingo party, which may be my favorite theme yet. While we had originally planned a water/swimming party, the weather that day turned out to be on the chilly side so we had to change things up that day. (Including moving locations, sort of) I ended up being too busy to take all the pictures I had planned to take but oh well because we had fun! 

Flamingo Party

I found these noisemakers at Target and they were actually the first thing I bought for her party. They helped me base everything off of them. The book was a gift from a friend the day before the party. How perfect! 

Flamingo Party

The detail oriented side of me is dying over the cars being in the background but let's just ignore them. We served watermelon, strawberries, and pineapple as a light appetizer beforehand and once the party started, I grilled up steak kabobs and paired it with a fresh pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, red/orange/yellow peppers, and black olives. P.S. Do you see that silver tub? Yeah, that's a cheap plastic tub that I spray painted with metallic spray paint! 

Flamingo Party

The rock candy favors were from AC Moore. (They were cheaper than buying online too!) I found the #youareamazing stamp there as well so I DIY'd the tags. Super easy and it cost me under $5 for everything, including ribbon. 

Flamingo Party

I wanted to use carnations, because they're on the more affordable side, but I also found the paint splattered flowers that worked perfectly as well. I added the pink feathers, since my husband told me that plastic flamingos would look "tacky", and the lemons were just for fun. 


My super talented friend Maria made Ava's little cake and it was so perfect. I've featured her before here. I made the big cake and added some pink gumboils, sprinkles, and the flamingo toppers. I got my inspiration for it here. (After it was done I felt like doing side by side pictures and saying "NAILED IT" on it but hey, I tried haha)

Flamingo Party

The top picture was taken while everyone was singing happy birthday to her. She was so happy being surrounded by everyone. The look on her face says it all. 

Flamingo smash cake

We had so many plastic flamingos at the party! I actually bought them while Ava and I were in California, since they were super cheap, and had my aunt ship them to me. Once they came in the mail, I used some Martha Stewart glitter on the beaks to make them extra fancy! The table is an IKEA LÄTT table that I spray painted glittery gold and then used chalkboard paint on the top. 


I'm a little upset that I didn't take more pictures of her while she was playing so you could see just how cute her romper was. Maria snapped the top picture from her phone while I was manning the grill and making kabobs for everyone. 

Flamingo Party

Flamingo Party

This flamingo!! I wish we could have got it into the pool that day but it was still fun to play on. The kids thought it was so much fun.


My mom bought Ava a bounce house for her birthday! Braxton is totally loving it, and so were the other kids. (Hey Connor and Mila!)


After Ava ate some of her cake, she ended up falling asleep on me, before she even got to open her presents. I can't even begin to explain how much love I have for her. That picture right there may be my favorite from the entire day...just look at how sweet that little face is! I'm so lucky to be her mama. 

Ava's cake: La Dolce Vita
DIY tassel garland: The Flair Exchange
Ava's romper: Little Sarah's Boutique
Ava's headband: birdie baby boutique
Inflatable flamingo: Emerson Sloan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design