PAGES

Father's Day gifts (that aren't underwear)

Sunday, June 14, 2015
I have a problem with giving my husband his gifts too early and this year wasn't any different. I picked out this book ages ago around the same time The Simpsons was playing on FX 24 hours a day...which he made me watch with him until I told him I couldn't handle anymore. It's actually a really cool book and something I knew he would love! 


When we first started dating, I would make fun of Brian because he had a secret love for Weird Al music. If you knew my husband, you would make fun of him as well for it. As the years have passed, I actually forgot all about it up until a couple of weeks ago when he randomly said to me "I don't even want to admit this, because I know you'll make fun of me, but I really want to see Weird Al when he comes around next month." I instantly started looking for tickets but they were sold out. I called the box office and they put me on a wait list...which worked in my favor because when tickets became available I got to buy them directly through the box office for about $250+ cheaper, I didn't have to pay any fees/tax, and they're REALLY good seats! 


I'm a big fan of DIY wrapping paper with kraft paper. (I get ours from the Dollar Tree for $1) Sometimes we use crayons or markers but this year we did finger paint. Braxton loved it, he thought it was super cool, but Ava was scared of the paint and I felt so bad when she cried. 


I wanted to share some other ideas, for the last minute shoppers, so here are some of my favorites:

Wondermade marshmallows (use code DADSRULE for 15% off)

If all else fails, bake some cupcakes and give him a homemade card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design