PAGES

Freshly Picked review

Friday, February 13, 2015
Skirt: Tiny Tot Threads, Bag: Target, Moccs: Freshly Picked, Headband: Little Miss Athena
I've been a fan of Freshly Picked for almost 2 years now. I remember when I first came across them on Instagram and how I loved the idea of trendy moccasins for little ones. When Braxton was a baby, we used shoes that were kind of like moccasins but they weren't half as stylish as Freshly Picked. With Ava though, I knew she needed allllll the moccasins in all the girly colors! 

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $60 on baby shoes so I went with a cheaper brand of moccasin and honestly, they sucked. When our first pair of Freshly Picked moccs came in the mail, I instantly could tell why they were priced that way. They're American made, the look was perfected, the leather was buttery soft but sturdy, and the color was beautiful. I'll forever think of Freshly Picked's Platinum color as my favorite, since those were Ava's first. 


Over the past year we have owned Platinum, Frosted Rose, Rasberry, Merci, and now we have Blush*! Blush is truly the perfect shade of light pink. I wanted a color that could go well with everything and I'm not disappointed in the least bit with my choice. I think my favorite look of hers with these moccs will be a pair of printed leggings, her aquamarine Jolly Siren shirt, denim jacket, and a light pink headband. 


The quality of these moccs haven't changed, which sometimes happens when you deal with handmade items. I love that these are a thick leather because now that Ava is exploring EVERYWHERE, I want her feet protected. Even though they're thick, they're still breathable, which will be nice once the weather gets warmer. 

With sizing I like to go a little bigger so they have room to grow. They have an easy sizing chart that you can use so it takes all the guessing out of it. Ava fits comfortably in a size 4 for now, and she's 20 months old. She has a little bit of a chubby foot, considering her cute chubby ankles, but with the elastic on the moccs it doesn't matter. She can't get them off easily either which is a lifesaver for me because with other shoes as soon as she's in the car she instantly takes them off. 

Yes, it may seem like a bunch of stuff, but we don't go crazy overboard for the kids day to day so I love doing something special for them on holidays. As a general rule, I like to give them stuff they can use day to day or a fun experience (gift cards to the movies, to get frozen yogurt, to the bowling alley, all sorts of things to do) rather than toys. 
I'm so excited to share a pair of Freshly Picked moccs with one of you and I can't wait to pick winners tomorrow. I love all the shops that are part of this giveaway so much that I don't think a single person will be disappointed in their prize. Good luck everyone! 



*We got our Blush moccs c/o Freshly Picked for this review. All opinions are my own, and I stand behind everything I review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design