PAGES

Currently loving: ColourPop Cosmetics + $5 off

Tuesday, September 15, 2015
A few weeks ago, I was in Ulta and saw a girl working there that was wearing the most amazing shade of purple on her lips. Usually I wouldn't randomly go up to someone and ask about their makeup, but I had to know what she was wearing. She introduced me to ColourPop and once I got home, I made sure I ordered some pretty new shades for fall. Their company was founded in California and all their products are made there as well. All of their Lippie Stix and Lip Liners are vegan and all of their cosmetics are 100% fur-baby friendly, bunny approved, and only tested on humans. Their color range is amazing, the shades are all current and trendy, AND they're all only $5 or $6. Win, win, right?

Shipping is a flat rate of $4.99 and if you subscribe to their emails, you can get a $5 off your next purchase! Shipping takes a little extra time, but it's not terrible, just something to keep in mind. One of my favorite things about receiving packages from them is that they come with a hand written thank you note. I think that's awesome customer service to an already awesome product.

Lippie Stix- FeministFeminist PencilUltra Matte Lip- BeDazzledLeather Pencil
The Ultra Matte Lip goes on really easily, and has great pigment right out of the gate. As with most matte liquid lipsticks, it's best to exfoliate your lips before putting it on. I've tried other matte liquid lipsticks and they can be really drying and not comfortable, but this one was pretty impressive. Be-Dazzled actually matches my hair almost perfectly. I love it. I lined my lips with the Leather Pencil and it was a pretty good match, as I couldn't find a Be-Dazzled pencil. (You should get on that ColourPop!) It was a little hard to take off, even with my makeup remover wipes, but that could be a good thing, right? 

The Lippie Stix in Feminist is really fun, and dark. They say it's the deepest, blackest purple, and I love it. The color is a little different than my usuals, I've never gone this dark before, but it's exactly what I thought it would be when I ordered it...amazing. It's also a matte finish, which is my favorite when it comes to actual lipsticks. My lips are a little big-ish and I feel like glossy colors don't look the best on me. The formula is a little thick but goes on easy enough and when it's used with the matching liner, it blends perfectly. I didn't notice any bleeding of the color in the time that I briefly wore it. (I tried both of these on sans makeup, right before I had to go to the grocery store, so I didn't keep them on long.)

Once I get some makeup on my face I'll update this with some pictures, I promise!

For my next order I have my eye on MidiGuessNevermindLeather, and Bichette. Which I think I may just end up ordering right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design