PAGES

Monday's Obsessions

Monday, September 28, 2015
Did September fly by for anyone else or was that just me? Between starting house renovations, soaking up the last of the good weather, Braxton starting school, and trying to get back into a routine we've been busy! We started redoing our kitchen at the beginning of the month. Of course it's still not done, but at least we started it, right?! Braxton has been doing wonderful at school the past couple of weeks. He loves his teachers and he especially loves swim days. Ava and I have been doing all sorts of shopping since he's been away each day and I have to say, it may get me in trouble. Brian may end up hiding my credit cards. Taking one shopping is a lot easier than taking two and we have FIVE hours, FIVE days a week, to just spend however we want. It's also been an adjustment to be dressed and ready to walk out the door each morning, five days a week. #stayathomemomproblems 

I've officially picked up a coffee habit. I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to start drinking it but I'm hooked now. I finally realize why all moms love coffee...hello extra energy! I'm still learning what I like but so far I'm noticing it's a bunch of sugar and a bunch of cream which isn't going to be the best for my "still have baby weight to lose" mentality. 
(I say that as if I don't already have a donut eating problem) 

I'm getting excited for everything that's coming in October. Brian and I get to celebrate another wedding anniversary and I have no clue what to get him this year. I've always loosely followed the anniversary yearly gifts but year four has me stumped. I mean I don't want to get him fruit/flowers and what kind of appliance could I ever get him? Technically he's been asking for a Coke vending machine, don't even ask me why, but that will never happen haha. I'm at the point where I just want to tell him no to gifts this year because I'm that stumped! After our anniversary he's also taking some vacation time so we'll be able to do more house projects, take the kids apple picking, and to the pumpkin patch. I can also start really decorating for Halloween! I'm so ready for all the fun fall stuff, just not the cooler weather...even though cooler weather means great, warmer clothes. 




I found a $175 Keurig on sale for $99.99 which means I need it! 

Pumpkin cheesecake with the easiest recipe ever.

Currently drooling over West Elm's velvet bedding. The Dusty Rose color is to die for but I'm also loving it in Slate. 

All things Wild Air & Co


Now that it's cooling down, I need black tights like these and these oh, and these too. 

I can't believe I waited so long but I finally have started using a makeup setting spray. That one is SUPER affordable and I'm impressed. 

Fall means lots and lots of plaid

Really, really loving the look of heavier ponchos for fall like this one, and this one, and this one

I love soup, especially making easy soup. 

Mary from Hayes Etc. has been a go-to read for me lately. 

Target has some perfect Halloween decorations/party supplies for cheap. I'm loving these plates/napkins and 3D bats. Garlands are my favorite, especially when you can find them in the Dollar Spot, but there are also some online like this felt spider garlandpaper skeleton garland, or  this burlap trick or treat garland. I love setting out mini pumpkins or even mini ornaments in a bowl, just because. 


I should really start paying attention to my sugar intake

layered utility jacket would be so perfect for fall and I love the olive color. 

I really wish my husband would be more open to the idea of having a pink/purple rug in our dining room because this one would be perfect. The colors seem bright, but dull at the same time, and I love it. 

Cutest baby shower gift accessory? LexyPexy wooden teethers. 


Lush's Dream Steam tab is on my wishlist. 

(Because I'm crazy and adding another kitty to our household the first week of October.)

Madewell's Transport Tote for $168 or Forever21's Faux Leather Tote and Pouch for $27.90



Ready for the giveaway?
I'm extremely excited to be hosting a giveaway with Love and Lullabies! (Cue the excited face emoji) Love and Lullabies is owned by Alyssa Szentes and she makes beautiful, handmade, custom blankets.  One winner will get to customize a toddler sized blanket, including a cotton print and any in stock backing, and can pay for any additional upgrades if they choose to. (That's a $75 value!) It's perfect timing to get a cozy blanket for the upcoming cold weather. One thing that I love the most about this shop is the range of prints and styles that are already offered. Forget the typical blue or pink, traditional, blankets. Love and Lullabies is on trend and so different. For a new baby that's coming, you can pick the ever so popular Hello World map blanket that also comes in three other colors. There's plaid for fall or an update on classic black and white. I could be posting links forever with all the blankets that I'm in love with.


Ava was given a Love and Lullabies toddler blanket from a very special friend of ours and I can't begin to tell you just how soft it is. On one side, it's black cotton and on the other it's the softest striped minky fabric, edged with beautiful floral satin.

DIY Pottery Barn floral canopy


To enter, all you have to do is head over to my Instagram, make sure you're following both me and @loveandlullabies, like the latest post, and you can tag as many friends as you want on it but make sure it's one friend per comment. For 5 extra entries, you can comment on this post telling me one thing you're obsessed with lately. I'll pick a winner next Monday evening! 

14 comments:

  1. Super obsessed with plaid at the moment!! Shirts, vests, scarves, baby accessories...the obsession is real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed with pastels and monochrome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with blocks right now! On the hunt for the perfect alphabet blocks for my toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super obsessed with baby moccs right now. I want to buy them all! Can't do that, of course, but I have managed to score a few neutral-colored pairs at great prices. I can't wait for Aidan to wear them with all of his cute fall outfits! I'm so obsessed that I've even figured out a way to incorporate them into his Halloween costume, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been obsessed with buying washi tape and stickers for my planner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obsessed with pastels and black in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obsessing over all the adorable Fall boots that I am seeing!!! Plus the nail polish trends for Fall :) Welcome to the Coffee loving club haha. I am an ice coffee kinda gal with hazelnut cream. yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Currently obsessing over shopping for little boy clothes! Loving all the plaid, suspenders, bow ties and dark wash denim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the coffee lovers club! This mom of two (2yrs, 8months) can't go a day without coffee; iced or steaming hot. ;) I am currently obsessed with all things fall! Pumpkin patch! Apple picking!l Boots! Plaid! Scarves! Ahh! <3 I love summer, but I can't help and love the cute fall fashion and cuddling weather even more! ;)

    Instagram account: @catmarie_d

    ReplyDelete
  10. Currently obsessing over Harry Potter baby clothes for my baby boy that is arriving in January. I'm always stalking etsy for any new and cute outfits that I can put him in! We aren't a sports household so didn't want to go for the typical boy clothes that are sold in stores. We are going very gender neutral for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently obsessed with Star Wars mashups!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In currently obsessed with Vienna Springs ring Slings. I stalk the Facebook BST page during late nights feeding my newborn. 😬

    ReplyDelete
  13. With the weather growing cooler, my obsession is currently soup. Nothing is better on a cool fall day.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design