PAGES

Tuesday, January 14, 2014
I have been going back and forth with a couple things the past few days. One is if I should make this blog "public" and the other is what will be my next post….They kind of go together for a few different reasons. I'm having a hard time deciding what to talk about because with some things it won't be "popular opinion" and because of that I can't decide whether or not I open this blog up to the public.

I am pretty big on "mean what you say, do what you say you'll do, and follow through." I am also pretty big on saying something if it doesn't happen, that's a fault of mine. I never try to be rude about things but sometimes it gets to a point that I just need to back away and call it a day. I'm just not a huge fan of excuses I guess. I genuinely care about people and I try to see the good until I'm shown that it really isn't there. What I do know is that not everyone will see eye to eye with you. You can either accept that and move on or you can harp on it and be snarky.

The world of the internet mom scares me. There's so much judgement, and opinion, that it's tiring. I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of it though, because I am. I have a strong opinion of what I think is right and wrong not just about parenting but with life…I'm pretty sure that's common. What is tiring though is the question I have to ask myself and that is "am I getting judged for this?" I'm asking this right now, as I type this. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, it's when it's voiced in an "all knowing" way that gets to me. I'm not the mom who claims to know everything, I don't know ANYONE who actually knows it all. I'm not writing this blog to really give advice or to let people in on the "mom secret" because I don't have it. We all have bad days and I now realize that it is okay.

To be honest I don't really know where I'm going with this…I'm just getting things off my head right now. I figured I would be upfront about who I am to start this out. I'm a mom who is trying to do the best she can. Becoming a mom turned my world upside down and that is totally a good thing. I have changed more in 4 years than anyone could imagine. That's the amazing thing about growing up…you grow as a person. I joke about not wanting to get older but honestly it's made me better. I wasn't the best human being when I was younger. I was selfish, I did stupid things, and I wasn't responsible at all. I won't say I regret anything though because I'm happy where I'm at now.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design