PAGES

Vacation part three

Thursday, March 20, 2014

On Sunday we were adjusting to Daylight Saving Time. My mom and I decided to take Ava and Braxton down to the port, which is only about 10 minutes from her house, for some breakfast at Grills. When I lived down there we always went there to eat and the view is just so nice. You can see all sorts of little boats, along with huge cruise ships. I thought Braxton would really enjoy that and all the birds, which he did, but that meant he wasn't interested in eating. I brought along my camera (which made me feel like a huge tourist) so I could take a few pictures of my mom with the kids. It kind of didn't work but I got a couple of her and Ava at least. This was the first time she had seen Ava since she was just about 3 weeks old. I loved seeing them together this time because Ava has such a personality and she really took to her nana. 

My mom was so happy to have us stay with her and her husband Austin. She's actually sort of a newlywed believe it or not, they celebrated their one year wedding anniversary last October. It was so nice to see her finally happy with someone who treats her so greatly. She deserves it. Austin was great too...he's a cook and I got a homemade meal every night there and it all tasted amazing. It's funny to see the cooking dynamic at the house now because my mom is a great cook, and I learned how to cook from her, but now she barely sets foot in the kitchen because Austin is just that good. 

A boy with his paci and some crayons.
Braxton wouldn't give up the paci because my mom insisted on him having it. We had a mini power struggle over who knew better...mom or nana. Ugh haha Every time she sees Braxton it's like she forgot just how much of a handful he really is but each time is still so sweet because he loves his nana so much. I hate that there's so much distance between us since I know she loves spending time with them. 


Toni came to see us one last time before we left and we had a little beach day. Where she lives an hour away and is the BUSIEST WOMAN EVER it was nice to have her come to me. Any time I didn't have to have the kids in the car was a bonus for me. 


Ava's first time in the water was a success, she loved it! That bathing suit she's wearing is something I picked up last year, while I was still pregnant, from Target for only $2 on sale. I was so glad she actually fit into it and we got to use it. 



Brian's grandmother later commented on the picture above and said that Ava looked like a tub of butter haha I'll take it as a compliment. 



The picture above has to be one of my favorites, and it wasn't even planned. While I was down at the water with Braxton, Toni had Ava and she was playing with Toni's camera. Ava took this picture and in the background you can see Braxton and me. It's perfect, especially for a baby selfie. 



Braxton, being the flirt that he is, had to go up to all the ladies. It didn't matter how old they were, what they looked like...he would walk/run up to them and grab their hand and just try to take a stroll on the beach. Finally, after it happening a few times, I took a picture because it was just too much to handle. So much for stranger danger, right? 


Speaking of a ladies man....We got to meet up with my friend Mary and her son Ronin Riot and it was so adorable. Ava and Ronin instantly started kissing each other, like right away. You have to ignore the terrible quality in the first picture because I quickly grabbed my camera to capture the moment and I didn't check the lighting on it. Ooops...I'm a beginner, remember?


I have known Mary since high school and since we were pregnant around the same time, we grew a closer through Facebook/Instagram. The joys of social networking with distance! Ronin is about two months younger than Ava but he's huge! Ava was loving him, and the fact that we were taking pictures. 



In the background of this, you would never guess that things were semi-hectic. Brian was with me since he had finally gotten back from his cruise, but he was busy cleaning up a route 44 cranberry lime aid from Sonic that was spilled, by Braxton, in the Jeep. Yeah...our not even six month old Jeep was doused in sticky soda. It's my fault a little because I let Braxton have a sip (which he is never allowed soda, ever, but I thought no harm if it's just a little, just this once, since we're on vacation) and Sonic cups are really terrible for being flimsy but still. I kept telling Mary that it was totally bad timing because it happened literally as soon as I stepped out of the driver's side door to meet her. Talk about being side tracked...a couple minutes later, while Ava and Ronin were still giving each other kisses, Ava accidentally bit him (she doesn't know her strength yet with all those teeth, I promise) so that was our cue that it was probably best to head on home haha 

Our before the beach selfie in our Solly wrap.
We finally got to go to the beach with Brian before we left. I was excited that he would be able to see just how much fun Braxton had there. The wind made things a little chilly but Braxton didn't care, he was in the water again and again. He would throw shells in, chase the birds (which can be a great babysitter for a few) and he was just so happy that his dad was with him. 



We had the perfect time down there as a family of four. At one time Braxton came running up to me and insisted that I get in the water with them to play. I had jeans on which were luckily rolled up some and Ava was wrapped in the Solly so I said okay. Brian had one of his hands, I had the other, and with each wave we would lift Braxton up and then he'd go into the water. He thought it was the funnest thing in the world. Watching him in that moment brought me so much joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design