PAGES

The end of the school year

Friday, June 20, 2014
crystalrosee.blogspot.com
It was a very bright morning so he asked if he could wear my sunglasses today.
Today was Braxton's last day of his first year of school! Sure, he only went two days a week for a few hours but it was a big deal for us...it was the first time he had ever been away from me. We picked a small nursery school that had a cute little environment, it was part of a nice local church. The classroom was adorable and his teacher was extremely nice. I didn't have any anxiety sending him there because I knew he would be looked after, and he was safe there.

crystalrosee.blogspot.com
Ignore the filter, it was all I could find of him on his first day somehow. Unfortunately Brian is in Canada right now working so we couldn't recreate the picture this morning.
Looking back on his first day, I was so nervous to start out because of his speech delay but besides some hiccups it wasn't so bad. He had some rough moments with sitting still during story time, he started biting at school (which he had NEVER done at home) and at times he made things more difficult for the teacher but she always wanted us to know that she loved him there. I'm happy to say that by the end of the year he was sitting better, he wasn't biting at all, and he had chilled out quite a bit. What a relief...

I have to say, Braxton has accomplished so much since his first day. When he started out he barely said any actual words, he still drank out of a sippy cup, he wasn't potty trained, he really barely listened to directions...Now, he is completely potty trained, we have switched to cups and straws except an occasional sippy cup, and he has become so verbal compared to before. While he hasn't had a "word explosion" necessarily, at least now I have sort of lost count of all the words he can say. Now if only we could get him to string words together to form sentences! 


 I was given Braxton's end of the year folder, which was so cute. Throughout the year, we would get some of his artwork and projects and I have been storing them all away for a fun little keepsake project. The folder had even more of his creations and it made me so proud! I can't even explain how these things make me feel...my baby made this stuff. It's kind of an awakening, like my little munchkin is really starting to be a big kid. 


I'm happy to say that this year was a success and I'm excited for the years to come. I'm really hoping that when he starts the next school year he will officially be talking. We have a lot of stuff to work on this summer but I'm not worried because he has made so much progress lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design