PAGES

Monday's Obsessions

Monday, June 2, 2014
Whoa, what a busy week we had! Ava's birthday party took quite a bit out of me so now that it's over, I'm excited to get back to my usual routine. The house has definitely been neglected, and cluttered with party stuff, so that's top priority. Yesterday I cleaned/purged the toy room and I'm pretty proud considering I had no energy. Ava has slowly been making her way in there more and more so I knew I needed to do a deep clean. I was always nervous when she was in there because of the things she could swallow (she also liked to eat crayons...oopps) and Braxton had SO many toys he didn't even play with, yet they were all over the floor so it was definitely time to do something about it. I asked Brian if I would be a bad parent if I got rid of a lot of Braxton's toys, and he said he's been wondering the same thing...honestly I think it's needed. We "hoard on to" a lot of stuff and don't really get rid of much so we've been trying to change that. Recently I have donated bags and bags of clothes to a church and I believe toys will be going to Salvation Army very shortly.

This Thursday Ava is going to be one. I'm feeling so sentimental for a hundred different reasons and I'm pretty sure I'll be a blubbering baby Thursday night. Last night Brian and I took the munchkins to our favorite playground and while Braxton played, Ava got to get down and play in the grass for the first time there since she's usually in my sling. She copied me doing patty cake and was the sweetest little thing. At her party, her baby bestie Mila was there, and Mila has just learned how to walk...Ava is now determined to walk so we practiced that on the grass as well. Mila's party is this coming Saturday and we can't wait! 



The winner of the SwimZip giveaway was announced! Congratulations Jessica Conklin, check your email. You have 24 hours to get back to me or I'll have to pick another winner.

Loving H&M's chambray dress.  

Braxton is totally obsessed with Calvin Harris' song Feel So Close. He actually danced, naked, to it the other morning haha 

Brian and I are talking about doing another date night, shocking I know, and I really want to go see Maleficent

Lush's Ocean Salt is on my need list. 

My sweet tooth is desperately wanting this chocolate covered OREO cookie cake.

Here are 10 cute, and simple, ways to keep your little one entertained this summer. 

Totally loving everything from The Printed Palette

I finally caved and got Time Hop and it's so perfect for right now. So many ultrasound pictures from Ava and funny commentary about my huge belly last year. 


Keep an eye out on Friday for an AMAZING giveaway in honor of Miss Ava's first birthday!!



Here's to a good week xx

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy! Ava's party was so beautiful and fun! Can't wait for you guys to sit back and enjoy Mila's this weekend! Also- we should double date because I want to see maleficent too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design