PAGES

Fashion: Spring 2014

Thursday, February 6, 2014
I know I'm not the only one who can't pull off a runway look but I still love checking everything out. Everything is just so crazy but I try to take some key pieces from it to add to my wardrobe each season. Now that we're almost through with February I'm really thinking of warmer weather clothes and I can't wait for Spring to arrive. It will be so nice to get rid of bulky coats and a million layers in lieu of light jackets and pops of fun colors. I will always say that comfort trumps a lot but that doesn't mean you have to forgo style. I have adapted a sort of laid back mom style that I like, when I actually have the time to pull myself together. For Spring there are actually a few things I'm excited for...black and white together, metallics, and girly things are on my radar. Now I'm just counting down the weeks to Spring...




I have seen quite a few tulle skirts lately for Spring 2014 and I'm lusting over them. I want to wear one but have to find a way to wear it. It's weird wearing fun things when everyone around you wears sweatpants and Uggs/flipflops. (I'm not hating on any of those, I own them all, but you get where I'm going with this.) When I moved here from Florida I started dressing down a little so people here wouldn't look at me weird haha Anyways...I love tulle, if only it were more socially acceptable for a 25 year old to wear. When I think of tulle skirts I think of the opening of Sex and the City. Did you know that skirt was pulled from a bargain bin for $5 from the SATC designer? You see Carrie in this girly tutu skirt and a simple white tee shirt and it was brilliant. I have my eye on a blush pink skirt, buttoned chambray shirt, and black flats. I think it's perfect. I also like the idea of totally dressing it down with a regular tee shirt and a light jean jacket. You can find loads of ways to style tulle skirts here.


Black and white stripes seem to be everywhere. Stripes don't look the best on me but sometimes I can make it work. If I'm wanting to wear stripes I'll usually do a striped shirt and then try to wear something over it to break it up like a black blazer or denim jacket/chambray shirt unbuttoned. You will quickly realize I turn to black, denim, and chambray for basically everything. I also like the pairing of black and white together in a more simple way like I found here.








As for the metallic trend I'm not quite sure if I can truly make it work clothing wise but I love the idea of metallic accessories. Chunky statement necklaces, clutches and large bags, and shoes are the perfect way to work the trend while not being a slave to it. I have a pair of gold BCBG flats that I covet and I'm excited to wear them coming up. Stella and Dot have such great metallic jewelry!





I really try to balance everything. I'll either do a messy bun or wear my hair down with some waves.

This makeup is perfect.

 I took a little hiatus from my obsession with lipstick because I've been so busy kissing baby skin but I'm thinking the Spring makeup trends are going to suck me right in. Bold lips are back like each Spring and now it's bright reds, oranges, and shades of bright berry. I'm a fan of matte lipsticks and Revlon is actually one of my favorites. Anytime I do a bright lip I will have a more neutral face, with minimal eye makeup. Usually I'll just do a little eyeliner on my eyelids and then lots of black mascara.



All sources are cited with links. 



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the tulle skirts! Let's do it. I actually found a DIY a while back because apparently they're very easy to make (if you have a sewing machine, which I do NOT.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have a sewing machine either...I don't even know how to use one haha I'm pretty sure we need to ask Kevalin.

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design