PAGES

Monday's Obsessions

Monday, February 3, 2014


I wanted to start a little series for myself to stick to and what's better than doing it on a Monday? I feel like so many people complain about Mondays but, for me, there's nothing different about a Monday than any other day. As a mom there's no such thing as a day off really haha Brian's work schedule is all over the place, and he sometimes almost always works weekends. Today is one of his days off so let's just say that this Monday is my Saturday, right?

I have been thinking lately about what direction I want to take this blog in. Do I want it to be a full on mom blog where it's all about the munchkins and mom life?  I don't think that's what I want. Don't get me wrong, being a mom is basically my full title but I don't want to lose myself in that. I still enjoy things for myself and I would like to talk about some of that on here as well.

Okay, back to the series thing...I want to start a Monday's Obsessions. Basically I just want to talk about the things that I'm obsessed with for the week and also share a little recap of the previous week. Give a glimpse into my mind and see that in reality I'm probably just boring but that's okay haha I think this could be fun for me to look back on and see the stuff that interested me at one point in time. I got this idea from a great blog. Doing a weekly series I think will help me grow as a blogger, experience wise. And here I go...



Ever since we watched Despicable Me 2 I have loved this song

Lately I've been wishing I actually drank coffee because of all the awesomely pretty coffee mugs I could own.

Anthony Kiedis and Bruno Mars were the highlight of the Superbowl for me last night. I actually like football, I don't go crazy talking about it, and I was excited to see Peyton Manning and the Broncos play but that didn't really work out for me. The halftime show however was ON IT! It was so nice to see no half naked girls dancing around, just straight talent out on that stage. RHCP have been one of my favorites for ages now and it's crazy to see that Mr. Kiedis just doesn't age.

After seeing a recent cover of Marie Claire magazine with Drew Barrymore on it, I now want to be blonde. She is just gorgeous. Her makeup is flawless but that honey colored blonde is just perfect.

Over the weekend I DIY'd a pair of Baby Gap shoes for Ava. I wanted them for some Valentine's pictures I'm going to do to send my mom as part of an early birthday present. I had a hard time deciding between red, pink, or purple but pink ended up winning.

Speaking of pink baby shoes these are on my WE NEED DESPERATELY list. I'm totally obsessed with Freshly Picked now that I've seen the quality. Brian doesn't quite get the whole $60 for baby shoes thing, and it's kind of hard to swallow, but come on...how cute is Frosted Pink?

I'm so excited that February is here because I love how lovey dovey it is. Valentine's Day is one of my favorites, of course now that I actually have Valentines haha. How cute are these cookie jars? I raided Target's Valentine's section about a week and a half ago and I can't wait to decorate some more. Also...naughty Valentine's Day cards like this are on my list now. You're welcome haha

I really want to try out the new Naked lipgloss by Urban Decay.

This is one of my favorite recipes and I could eat it all the time during the winter. So easy!


Here's to a good week xx

2 comments:

  1. Love to see the inspiration spread! Have a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only a start but thank you! Hope your weekend is great as well <3

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design