PAGES

Monday's Obsessions

Monday, February 17, 2014
Wow, it's Monday already...really?!

On Valentine's Day I said we had planned on going to Cheesecake Factory for dinner...it didn't work. We got there around 8:45 and there was a 3 hour wait! I wasn't surprised but come on, 3 hours?! We ended up going to Cantina Laredo where they only had a 1 hour wait, and while we waited we walked around the massive mall and did some shopping. Finally at 10 pm we were seated and didn't even start eating until about 11 pm but the food was good so it was a win. It was totally past my bedtime by then but Brian and I had fun getting out since it really doesn't happen often.


I did this for Brian's Valentine's Day present. Thanks Pinterest for inspiring me! Since we usually go big for Christmas I always try to be sentimental for this holiday. I made 10 cards/letters with a couple surprises in them for him to open when the time is right, as well as the top card for that night that I purchased from Etsy. I wrapped them up with red ribbon and gave them to him after we were finished with dinner. I think it's safe to say that he was surprised. 

The rest of our week was pretty simple minus the fact that Braxton and Ava have been waking up way too early. Early as in 5 am early. They both sleep well usually so I don't know what's going on. I didn't have dark circles under my eyes when I had a toddler and a newborn, I don't know why I have them now that they're both older haha At our local mall I just found out that the inflatable place with loads of bounce houses does a toddler day on Thursdays that only costs $1. We went there on a whim, expecting to pay full price, and were pleasantly surprised. Braxton had a blast so I think we'll be going more often now. 


On Thursday I did this to my hair. I'm loving it. 

I've really been dying over Zara baby for Spring clothes for Ava. 

I loved reading these wedding vows because it's a perfect way to be in a relationship.

I'm really not a Taylor Swift fan but I can't get this song out of my head and I DON'T KNOW WHY!

AG Hair Cosmetics makes the absolute best deep conditioner. It's my favorite and a life saver.

I read this book to the kids the other night and I have never been more tongue tied.

Ava's birthday is almost 3 months away so obviously I've been "planning" it for a couple of months now. 

This recipe is a go-to for me. I made it last night with a twist compared to how I usually make it. Instead of the vinegar I added 1/4 cup lime vinaigrette and I cut down on the brown sugar. We had it with roasted onion potatoes and some fresh corn, everyone loved it. 

I'm probably the only person who loses their Naked2 palette but I'm so sad. It's been missing since November. I don't take my makeup anywhere, it stays at home, so I genuinely don't know what happened to it. I think it accidentally got thrown away by Braxton because I have looked seriously everywhere. Smashbox makes a palette that I want and would use very often.

My best friend Denae has been blogging and she's such a great writer. I keep encouraging her to do more because she writes from the heart. 

I know Valentine's Day is over but this is so cute and you can make them for anything, especially with Spring coming up! 


Here's to a good week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design