PAGES

Monday's Obsessions

Monday, February 24, 2014
It's the week of our vacation! I'm so excited but of course there's a little bit of anxiety there. I need to go shopping for car snacks and other essentials, lists need to be made and checked, and I need to start packing officially because mentally packing only gets you so far. I have all of Braxton's clothes he will be wearing folded and set aside, as well as some of mine, so I'm kind of there. There are a few outfits for Ava to wear the first couple of days but I'm going to hold off and go shopping once we're down there for everything else. I'll just pack loads of headbands and accessories and she'll be good to go. I'm on the hunt for some playlists for this upcoming road trip...I'm totally up for suggestions. (Please)

This past week was kind of tiring. Brian went into work early each morning and, as usual, both munchkins were up early ready to go for the day. Somehow I'm still not a morning person...it takes me a little while to officially wake up. Think of the person who says "don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" only this person doesn't drink coffee. Once I'm going though I'm great. Braxton had no school the whole week because of Winter break so we took him to open bounce to play. While he was going through one of the bounce houses a kid a little older than him decided he was going to pick on him. I heard Braxton kind of yelling but I couldn't see him so I pulled my boots off fast and climbed in. Once I got to them this kid was basically sitting on top of him and just being rotten while his parents weren't even paying attention...so annoying.

On Friday, we had a baby bestie dinner date with Marissa and Mila, as well as a little retail therapy. I've mentioned them before here. We try to get together at least once a month but this was the first time we have taken them out to eat together. It was actually Ava's first time going out to dinner since we try to stay home because Braxton isn't the best in a dinner setting haha They did great though and chowed down on some steamed broccoli and plain sweet potato fries. They were so interested in each other and it's always so sweet.



Brian and I had a semi "argument" this past week over who's better...Jimmy Fallon or Conan. I pick Jimmy, all the way. A couple days later this happened and it just proves my point. Anytime they get together is magic.

Thanks to Lena Dunham, I am now obsessed with Old Loves It's so addicting!

I'm fawning over all Anthropologie furniture but oh my, their Orianna Chair is so perfect. Gah, if only....

This dress is on my wish list.

Easy recipes are the best and this chicken and black bean enchilada casserole is one of my favorites.

I really enjoyed the post on Perfect Parents Bum Me.

Proof that I'm not crazy for using Ava's baby products. I have switched my fancy soaps and lotions for Burt's Bees and California Baby.

I've been loving this blog

Something that's outrageous to me is the fact that this anti-gay bill was passed in the Arizona state Senate and House of Representatives. It's sad that people still live with that much hate for others.

Can I just put fun garlands all over our house? 

I have tried quite a few sea salt sprays for my hair but Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist is by far my favorite. It's not drying like all the others and it smells amazing. 


Here's to a good week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design